The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
#512202
On Wednesday it was just Chris & Pippa on in the morning and Chris mentioned something about something being a misunderstanding (or at least he hoped so) wonder what he and Pippa were referring to. Did someone speak badly about Chris?
#512285
Been nostalgic for the Radio 1 show recently, listening to clips on the ever amazing sound vault on here. Decided to give the Radio X programme another go, listened to the edited full show from Friday. I am pleasantly surprised… I ended up listening to the whole thing and found myself laughing a lot. Maybe I've just picked a good day but perhaps it's time to try listening to this show full time again.

My favourite bit on Radio 1 was always the half-hour of uninterrupted chat at the start, catching up with what everyone did last night. I'm impressed that he can still do something similar on commercial radio without more breaks.
#512308
Don't know if Chris has mentioned this before, but this morning whilst ranting about the photo used in this Mirror article, he said that Radio 1 absolutely wanted him to stay after the breakfast show and "whatever you want to do after the breakfast show, we'll make it work" - late night show, weekend show, a season of shows, one show a week or five shows a week etc. Which seems to suggest that Chris left the station of his own accord.
#512310
VMPhil wrote:Don't know if Chris has mentioned this before, but this morning whilst ranting about the photo used in this Mirror article, he said that Radio 1 absolutely wanted him to stay after the breakfast show and "whatever you want to do after the breakfast show, we'll make it work" - late night show, weekend show, a season of shows, one show a week or five shows a week etc. Which seems to suggest that Chris left the station of his own accord.


Don't know why he's ranting about it the journo's are so bloody clueless that one of the captions beneath the pictures read:

'Chris Moyles was fired after 10 years at the helm'

That's a great mistake to make and I'm sure he has no complaints although I haven't heard the rant just yet.
#512311
Trigger wrote:
VMPhil wrote:Don't know if Chris has mentioned this before, but this morning whilst ranting about the photo used in this Mirror article, he said that Radio 1 absolutely wanted him to stay after the breakfast show and "whatever you want to do after the breakfast show, we'll make it work" - late night show, weekend show, a season of shows, one show a week or five shows a week etc. Which seems to suggest that Chris left the station of his own accord.


Don't know why he's ranting about it the journo's are so bloody clueless that one of the captions beneath the pictures read:

'Chris Moyles was fired after 10 years at the helm'

That's a great mistake to make and I'm sure he has no complaints although I haven't heard the rant just yet.

Yep, that’s what led onto him talking about what I said in my post, he was saying he was never fired and that management wanted him to stay. He basically ripped apart the entire article.
#512312
Maybe he could've gone to 1Xtra as Def Jeff that would've been a hoot.

EDIT - I have now listened and it was amusing. Squeaky clean presenters will never be real, so they can laugh at his old pictures all they like. Moyles was there for the golden years when the public sector had loadsa dosh for trips to LA and the like.

All I can say for Gregg is ... GOOD LUCK! Lets hope this new chapter for R1 is a highway to radio heaven rather than hell.
#512346
I missed the show today but I hear Chris wasn't happy about management and I see all the billboard videos have now disappeared. Combined with the fact (unless I've missed it) we've still have not had confirmation that he's renewed his contract is this the beginning of the end?

He was meant to have carte blanche (within reason) there was something the other day when he made a little aside about going to the ads at 6:56 which suggests he's being reined in a bit from that.
Last edited by hdsport82 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#512347
I actually already noticed last night that the Radio X Twitter and Facebook accounts had removed all the posts and retweets of images of the billboards - weirdly, the retweets that are text only remain, but yes it seems management had problems with the idea when they found out later in the day.

This morning he said he was trying not to talk about behind the scenes stuff that was annoying him and so played a song instead. He then later, talking about something else, said ‘…we could make a video about it that would get taken down the next day. Oh and I was being so good not talking about it!’ (paraphrasing)

Also, did anyone else hear yesterday Chris hesitating on whether to talk about something, but decided to anyway? It was about why it annoyed him that worse radio shows got better ratings than they did. But he then got into a tangent talking about the alarm issues at his house and never ended up talking about it.
#512359
Does anyone else find it obvious when the team members skirt around things they don’t want discussed on air? Fair enough they want to keep stuff private but Dom seems to stammer a lot finding the right words to use to avoid mentioning that he’s divorced or mentioning his new partner/wife. Pippa’s age is another thing they always avoid mentioning even when they’re talking about the age gap between her and Toby.
#512360
VMPhil wrote:Sounds like there's a problem in the Radio X studio. Dom's microphone on the 10am news was broken and they cut the news short, and it's been music back to back since, haven't heard from the DJ.


And again this morning, the opening link wasn't audible and they had to run to another studio. Obviously a few technical difficulties at the moment!
#512369
VMPhil wrote:I actually already noticed last night that the Radio X Twitter and Facebook accounts had removed all the posts and retweets of images of the billboards - weirdly, the retweets that are text only remain, but yes it seems management had problems with the idea when they found out later in the day.

This morning he said he was trying not to talk about behind the scenes stuff that was annoying him and so played a song instead. He then later, talking about something else, said ‘…we could make a video about it that would get taken down the next day. Oh and I was being so good not talking about it!’ (paraphrasing)

Also, did anyone else hear yesterday Chris hesitating on whether to talk about something, but decided to anyway? It was about why it annoyed him that worse radio shows got better ratings than they did. But he then got into a tangent talking about the alarm issues at his house and never ended up talking about it.


Does anyone know why the videos were removed??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#512398
Just wanted to say I really thought todays show was great! Just shows how good they can be when the content is there.

In fact, I think the last couple of weeks have been really strong. The inclusion of a caller on Rob DJ's pub quiz has really freshened it up and made it more interesting- although it would be more exciting if there was something at stake for them.

Also I don't know if it's just me but I feel like they're putting more effort into the corporate competitions and making them more enjoyable for the listeners e.g. the complete the lyrics game etc.
#512401
Interesting that the pub quiz is being relegated to later and later in the show and then rushed through at 9.50. I wonder if Chris is getting a bit bored of it?
#512403
Nicola_Red wrote:Interesting that the pub quiz is being relegated to later and later in the show and then rushed through at 9.50. I wonder if Chris is getting a bit bored of it?


Interesting isn’t it? There’s a definite shift such as more things involving the public...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 1
  • 74
  • 75
  • 76
  • 77
  • 78

TCMS Unedited Tuesday 17th July, 2018 https&[…]

Newbies- Introduce yourself

Hi I'm a big Moyles fan listened since the early d[…]

I may have the Unediteds if you really want them.[…]