Transcripts of Dave's Tedious Links
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Warren G & Nate Dogg, Regulate

Today's Transcript:

The moon is where Neil Armstrong famously landed in the summer of 69. 'Summer of 69' was a hit for Canadian rock star Bryan Adams. Bryan Adams still holds the record for the longest run at no1, with '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You', which was taken from the soundtrack to the movie 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves', starring Kevin Costner. Kevin Costner has starred in loads of movies, one of the most famous being 'Dances with Wolves'. Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is currently under pressure at Molyneux, which sounds like it should be in France, but it's actually in Wolverhampton. Wolverhampton is where Noddy Holder is from, and he was the lead singer of Slade. The word 'Slade' is nearly an anagram of 'ladies', who normally get in for free if they're going to see DJ Tim Westwood. Tim Westwood is a big dog. Big dogs should be kept on leads, to stop them running off and biting people. In order to stop this happening you need people like park wardens to regulate the area, which leads us to Warren G & Nate Dogg and 'Regulate'.

Flaws:

Noddy Holder is from Walsall, which isn't technically part of Wolverhampton.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 1994

Highest UK Chart Position - #5
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

The Cranberries, Linger

Today's Transcript:

Regulate is what you need to do with your breathing if you suddenly find yourself out of puff after doing a Chris Moyles Show Celebrity Lap, a bit like ultra-competitive Jo Whiley, who takes her running very seriously. 'But Seriously' was a 1989 album by Phil Collins, who now lives in Switzerland, who are neutral. Neutral is what you should check your car is in before starting it, to avoid embarrassingly bunny-hopping into a wall. 'Wall' rhymes with 'Gaul', which I think was the old name for France. France are the world's largest producers and consumers of baguettes. Baguettes are long and then sort of narrow, a bit like a bread truncheon. 'Truncheon' rhymes with 'luncheon', like luncheon meat, which you'd find in a tin. Tin Head was the name of the character played by Philip Olivier in 'Brookside', which also starred Claire Sweeney, who's now working in the West End. 'West End Girls' was a big hit for the Pet Shop Boys. The Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant is from Newcastle, and probably supports Newcastle United, whose goalkeeper Shay Given is from Ireland, as are the Cranberries, which links to the Cranberries and 'Linger'.

Flaws:

A few issues today. Gaul isn't quite the old name for France, it was the name given by the Romans to the territories where the Celtic Gauls lived, which included parts of present France, Belgium, Luxemburg and parts of the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany on the west bank of the Rhine, and the Po Valley (http://www.ancient.eu/gaul/). Switzerland were neutral during World War II, which I guess is what Dave meant, although they can't be described as neutral in any modern sense. Whilst Neil Tennant was born in North Shields, there is no evidence to suggest that he supports Newcastle or indeed has any interest in football. However, research does point to Dave being correct in his assertion that France produces and eats the most baguettes (https://www.loumessugo.com/en/blog/entr ... h-baguette).

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1994

Highest UK Chart Position - #14

I wasn't listening for a few months... what happen[…]

Jingle Male Voice etc

Richard Oliver (@RichOliver on Twitter)

YouTube.