Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Nicola_Red
I think most people knew that Mandela didn't have long to go, but still, such sad news. Such an inspiration - none of us will ever live a life like that. RIP.
By dimtimjim
A great man. RIP.
By Yudster
He'd been pickled for years, but not dead. The last of the great hellraisers.
By Nicola_Red
Just read that comedian John Fortune died today. A very funny man, RIP.
By G-Sizzle
charlalottie wrote:Uncle Phil has died, really sad to hear.

Shredder and Uncle Phil taken in one fell swoop.
A small piece of my childhood has died.
By chrysostom
This one made me extremely sad. James Avery always seemed like a nice person off camera (a few friends have served him at a local golf club) and Uncle Phil was one of the most lovely characters in TV - especially in the moments he showed how much he cared about Will.

I know the actor has died, but it's hard not to feel as though the character himself has passed away.
By Topher
John Button, Jenson's dad has died. I know he's not as famous as his son (more famous for being Jenson's dad than for his own racing), but its sad, he's always at the races not far behind Jenson, always came across as a genuinely nice bloke.
By The Deadly
I liked the way he often would get a bit touchy feely with Jenson's girlfriend during the podium celebrations. RIP
By Topher
I just came into say this :-( and Owen, of course.
By Trigger
How sad, did not see it coming. Unlike Trigger himself I do not wish to be slow in paying my respects.

RIP

Last edited by Trigger on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Deadly
Horrible news about that little lad being found dead in Scotland. How the * can you kill a three year old child??? It makes me feel physically sick. Incidents like this justify a death penalty. Prison is too good for whoever did this.
By Yudster
Deadly, you are 100% correct (even though I don't support the death penalty I can't argue that cases like this couldn't justify it). The revulsion is only made worse by the indications that his mum was responsible. From what's been published today it looks like the whole story that was initially given was a crock of shit. He was one of twins too, how is his twin sister going to cope? It all just gets horribler and horribler.
By Topher
They didn't say what she was charged with (only that she was charged "in connection with his death") until the court appearance, but it is indeed a murder charge. You have to be careful what you say - regardless of the remoteness of the possibility of someone connected with the trial reading what's on here, it is still a possibility that something on here could be deemed to prejudice the trial.

What an awful, dreadful thing to happen to a child though - really there aren't words.
By The Deadly
I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out the police acted too slowly in treating the mother as a potential suspect. I doubt very much they did but it would be awful to find out they wasted time believing a three year old child dressed itself and left their house all on their own. I'm not sure if the official police line of "there's no evidence of criminality" was just to lure the mother into a false sense of security.
By Yudster
It was that specific comment, combined with the unbelievability of the apparent story, which made me sure from moment 1 that the police were indeed looking very carefully at the mother.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]