Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By R94N
There's such a massive awareness online of how evil the Daily Mail is and how it constantly lies (including claims of interviewing people and using quotes when they didn't even contact them) sensationalises and takes things out of context, and it is all of course justified, but I can't understand how despite this the paper remains so influential. I suppose most of their readers must be 50+ and not particularly online much. Although there are a lot of people my age that I have seen reading the online site at school etc for their fantastic hard-hitting celebrity pieces which are mostly photos and three lines of text, so I suppose they have some influence there with the celebrity distractions. Maybe the constant furore and outrage actually continues to make them popular and well-read? I don't know.
By chrysostom
I think you're projecting your social experiences onto your expectation of the population.

The site is hugely popular with all ages, internationally and especially with females (who are the key demographic) - just perhaps not the type you may interact with.

They have so much influence because their strategy is bang on target for what they want to do, provide the passive majority with what they want to read, and profit from it. A LOT of people only want to read someone reaffirming their own views.
By dimtimjim
chrysostom wrote: people only want to read someone reaffirming their own views.

I agree with Andy. :D
By JayE
My apple earphones I got for Christmas just stopped working in one of the earpieces!

This really annoys me when this happens but this time I'm even more annoyed because these earphones are not cheap!!!!!!

Useless pieces of crap. Have to listen to stuff on my through speakers now till I get a new pair of earphones
Last edited by JayE on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Topher
Why do you need Apple branded ones?
By Bruvva
bmstinton93 wrote:I actually detest Apple's products. You can get much better for much cheaper.

Fixed that for you.
By bmstinton93
I would agree, although I do much prefer the Ipad to any other tablet out there, simply for ease of use for what I need it for.

Edit: And iTunes can't be beaten for me either actually.
By Topher
bmstinton93 wrote:Edit: And iTunes can't be beaten for me either actually.

For what? In terms of storing music, why do you need anything other than your favourite OS shell? For playing, I find VLC far better than most things including iTunes, which is a huge memory hog (or was last time I used it on Windows).
By Nicola_Red
MediaMonkey all the way for me. I do only use one certain type of earphones though, but only cos they're the only ones that fit in my strangely shaped ears. I have to order them from amazon.
By dimtimjim
I always use Sony bass-xpand in-ear 'bud' earphones... top quality sound and comfy to wear.
By Nicola_Red
My cymba (upper ear hollow) is larger than my cavum (lower ear hollow), a feature possessed by only 1–2% of the Caucasian population. My brother is the same. Most earphones either fall out almost instantly or rattle when I walk, which is most annoying.
By dimtimjim
not wanting to sound daft, but have you tried 'bud type' earphones? I always used to have massive problems with exactly the problem you describe, falling out etc. But bud type cure this issue, for me, anyway.
By flyingbadger
Nicola_Red wrote:My cymba (upper ear hollow) is larger than my cavum (lower ear hollow), a feature possessed by only 1–2% of the Caucasian population. My brother is the same. Most earphones either fall out almost instantly or rattle when I walk, which is most annoying.

By Nicola_Red
dimtimjim wrote:not wanting to sound daft, but have you tried 'bud type' earphones? I always used to have massive problems with exactly the problem you describe, falling out etc. But bud type cure this issue, for me, anyway.

Do you mean this type:

If so, they won't stay in my ears for even a second :( The ones I use look like this:

By dimtimjim
Yes, I do mean that type, have you tried with different size buds? (I know Sony's come with 3 or 4 different sized buds to use).
By Nicola_Red
No, admittedly I haven't. Maybe if I tried smaller ones they would work. I mean I'm fine with the ones I use at the moment, but if they get discontinued or amazon stop stocking them I'd be stuffed. Also they're probably not the best sound quality in the world.
By dimtimjim
People who change their phone number regularly annoy me.

Me? I've had the exact same mobile number for nearly a decade.

Yet, sometimes I get messages from numbers my phone doesn't recognise, So, obviously I text back to enquire who it is. Then get greeted with an upset/annoyed message 'cos I don't know who they are!!! YOU CHANGED YOUR NUMBER *! NOT ME!

Only confirmed by the fact I will have stored for you: Person, PersonNew, PersonNew2, PersonNew3 etc etc. Yet here you are getting all offended...

Tools.

rant over.
By Topher
I don't mind people changing their numbers if they tell me. People I know of course, I don't want random strangers telling me their new number.

What annoys me is my dad... I now know if I get a text saying "this is my new number" with no name on it, that it's from my dad because he has done it at least three times.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]