The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By bmstinton93
Just announced that Grimmy is stepping down from the Radio One breakfast show this autumn and Greg will be taking his place. Grimmy is taking over Greg's show
By Kylerickards1974
bmstinton93 wrote:Just announced that Grimmy is stepping down from the Radio One breakfast show this autumn and Greg will be taking his place. Grimmy is taking over Greg's show

So the record for longest breakfast show host is still Chris, not bad going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By VMPhil
No offence to Grimmy but I was starting to worry that he'd beat Chris' record on the breakfast show, so for that I'm a little happy he's leaving! I did used to listen to his evening show before he moved to breakfast.
By Nicola_Red
Interesting. I just don't see Grimmy working in that 4-7 timeslot at all - but we'll see!
By Evs
Wonder if they feel, in hindsight, they should have done the same with Mills and Moyles at about the same point in his tenure.
By obidankenobi
Thats big news! I was convinced that Radio 1 were trying to remove all traces of Moyles by having Nick beat his 8 year record... which I thought explained why he has stayed on despite low ratings. Well, I guess that could still be true, but Nick decided to step down instead!
By fish heads
Nicola_Red wrote:Interesting. I just don't see Grimmy working in that 4-7 timeslot at all - but we'll see!

I remember him covering for Greg on drive when they were in retrospect priming him for Breakfast and thinking the same thing. I think he's grown massively as a presenter since then. Whereas Greg may take some drive stuff to Breakfast, for Grimmy it'll be a clean slate and I think he'll adapt well
By d000hg
I quite liked Nick on his evening show but not for breakfast, though partly that's the music. Greg seems like a natural for breakfast.
By Longview01
thank god, can finally tune Radio 1 back in for the mornings
By orioncarl
Nicola_Red wrote:Interesting. I just don't see Grimmy working in that 4-7 timeslot at all - but we'll see!
Why would they even give him another day slot,matt edmondson is so much better for day time

Sent from my CUBOT_X18_Plus using Tapatalk
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, I do think Matt Edmonson is a very talented broadcaster, he would have been great in that 4-7 slot. Perhaps as he's got a youngish baby he wouldn't wanna commit to that amount of time. I'm still not sure how I feel about him being paired up with Mollie King on a permanent basis, I am warming to her but he was great on his own. Jordan North has been standing in for him the past couple of weekends and I think I prefer Jordan and Mollie together.
By Trigger
Blimey Nic they succeeded in getting rid of me back in 2012 but you're still hanging in there eh!

Sooty and Sweep are awesome! I'm such a huge fan!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]