The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
#505526
Tbh there should really have been an advertising campaign backing up the announcement since it was made 2 weeks prior to the show starting.

According to the periscope Chris did during the filming of the TV advert last Monday he said it we'd see it in about 2 weeks. Pretty pointless tbh, zero hype generated pre launch on an advertising level.
#505527
doby wrote:Tbh there should really have been an advertising campaign backing up the announcement since it was made 2 weeks prior to the show starting.

According to the periscope Chris did during the filming of the TV advert last Monday he said it we'd see it in about 2 weeks. Pretty pointless tbh, zero hype generated pre launch on an advertising level.

Yeah it's all bit strange. Tabor talked about a 'multi-million pound marketing campaign' but to seemingly wait until it's on air is bizarre. It also seems that Radio X will be mono on Digital1 whilst they leave Capital Xtra in stereo. If it is meant to be one of their big three 'national/quasi-national' stations with Capital and Heart why is it playing second fiddle to a secondary station like Capital Xtra?
#505532
hdsport82 wrote:Yeah it's all bit strange. Tabor talked about a 'multi-million pound marketing campaign' but to seemingly wait until it's on air is bizarre. It also seems that Radio X will be mono on Digital1 whilst they leave Capital Xtra in stereo. If it is meant to be one of their big three 'national/quasi-national' stations with Capital and Heart why is it playing second fiddle to a secondary station like Capital Xtra?

It's not weird at all. What's the point promoting it when it's not on air yet. I'd imagine billboard posters and some short ads will go out next week with a week to go. They'll be putting the final touches to the jingles etc, so the sound identity needs to be confirmed first before advertising it.

My thinking is that they may go heavy with online listening. We're in the age gap where we're not obsessed with Radio 1/Spotify/YouTube but not backwards to stick to our guns on AM/FM. I'd guess if the station becomes popular, they'll bump it up on DAB.
#505539
Tunster wrote:It's not weird at all. What's the point promoting it when it's not on air yet. I'd imagine billboard posters and some short ads will go out next week with a week to go. They'll be putting the final touches to the jingles etc, so the sound identity needs to be confirmed first before advertising it.




Radio Today did say during the rumours period that a TV ad had been made now maybe it does or maybe that is the one they were filming this week. My point would be it's weird if Chris' advert he was filming that will be ready in 'about 2 weeks' is the start of their big push especially as it seems people don't know when/where how to get it.

Obviously when XFM 'shuts down' today we'll get a week of promos/music but that is really only going to reach out to existing XFM listeners who have already had a week of being told that Radio X is on the way.

Chris' show is probably going to be different (as it was at Radio 1) but as a whole it's a bit late to be deciding what the station is going to sound like isn't it? I wasn't expecting much last week but if there aren't the billboards etc. this week then it will be a bit of low-key launch.

Although they will I'm sure get some column inches reviewing Chris' first show the question will be will the Guardian still use the photo of him eating the mic from 2004 :D !
#505600
Hello all! With under a week to go, I thought I'd pop back in and say hey.
What are the chances that the new show will have any jingles or anything from the Music4 guys? I really liked their jingle packages.
#505602
Anyone else expecting a similar start to the 1st show like he did with the opening breakfast show?

I heard an advert in the car when i had tuned in RadioX and it sounded very very similar to the old Chris Moyles show adverts.
#505607
nade wrote:I heard an advert in the car when i had tuned in RadioX and it sounded very very similar to the old Chris Moyles show adverts.


Did you? All I heard was "Moyles is back", Somebody needs to clip the ads. It does count as part of his show doesnt it?
#505609
slaphead1982 wrote:
nade wrote:I heard an advert in the car when i had tuned in RadioX and it sounded very very similar to the old Chris Moyles show adverts.


Did you? All I heard was "Moyles is back", Somebody needs to clip the ads. It does count as part of his show doesnt it?

I heard that one earlier this morning driving to train station, but on my way home, think it was Fri in the car around 5:45pm i'm sure i heard the old style promo.

The adverts/music/promos are all over the place when you listen to it right now.
#505611
nade wrote:Anyone else expecting a similar start to the 1st show like he did with the opening breakfast show?
Do you mean the song dissing all the other DJs? "Nick Grimshaw is such a bore / but now here's what you've waited for..."
#505617
Tunster wrote:Music selection is sounding good and not as "blokey" as reported.


I agree. If the selection they're playing now is anything to go by, I won't mind listening to it.
I'm listening on F.M. at the moment until I get a DAB radio. I'm in Kent and the quality is a bit scratchy but nothing work complaining about.
#505626
James H wrote:I can't begin to complain enough that we're at 2015 and there's only one potential DAB+ service coming, and that is only to "stimulate take-up of DAB+ compatible radios"

DAB is the dead horse that keeps getting kicked down the road by OFCOM/BBC. There again, it will be until FM is switched off which IMHO will be never at this rate. Online radio will take off eventually once internet radio units come down in price.

slaphead1982 wrote:I agree. If the selection they're playing now is anything to go by, I won't mind listening to it.
I'm listening on F.M. at the moment until I get a DAB radio. I'm in Kent and the quality is a bit scratchy but nothing work complaining about.

There's been a few articles from feminists online who waited for the first female artist to appear on the new Radio X station once it flicked over from XFM (http://goo.gl/ko7oa4). But I just think everyone is getting too tied up in that. The station needs an initial USP. I'm hoping with CM onboard, the station may have some different output style to the rest of the Global brands.
#505628
It's such a common term in Marketing when referring to target audiences - it has been blown out of proportion massively. I would say that a show like Bake-Off would be referred to as aimed at middle class women between 15 & 35, yet I know few of my male friends who don't watch it. Demographics all have different factors in common - nearly all shows about football are 'male focused', yet (these days) are remaining friendly to their female audience. If demographics were abandoned, then all marketing would become equally bad - the product would suffer and ultimately the audience misses out.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 71

TCMS Unedited Tuesday 19th September, 2017 https[…]

I wasn't listening for a few months... what happen[…]

Jingle Male Voice etc

Richard Oliver (@RichOliver on Twitter)

YouTube.